Coronation Hotel, Currie Street, 1966


Photo taken 01 January 1966

B 16356 State Library of SA photographer On the north-west corner of Currie Street and Rosina Street. Established in 1846 as the Golden Fleece Inn. Name changes included Crown Inn (1871-1937), Coronation (1937-1979), Hotel California (1979-1984), Armstrong's Tavern (1984-1987), and finally the College Arms in conjunction with Adelaide TAFE College. The building has been demolished. John Byass was the licensee at the time this photograph was taken. The hotel in 1934: www.flickr.com/photos/state_library_south_australia/30226... The hotel in 1939: www.flickr.com/photos/state_library_south_australia/22396... Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.